Halal Food Bank is part of the Ansaar Project run by the Al-Ghazzali group. Al-Ghazzali Centre has launched the Ansaar Project Halal Food Bank in Sydney and Melbourne, ensuring food reaches those families in our community who need it most. Invest in your community’s wellbeing today, by volunteering for the Ansaar Project Halal Food bank. Food bank volunteers assist in the packing and distribution of the food packs on one Sunday each month.
When, Where & How?
Pick Up Now Available!
No donation too small, every little bit makes a huge difference!
Everyone in Melbourne is encouraged to participate in donating even just an item of non-perishable food once a week. More information on what you can donate is available on our food information page.
Food can be dropped off at the following collection points in Melbourne:
- Islamic Books and Clothing (IBC) 207 – 211 Sydney Rd, Coburg – Monday to Saturday: 10am – 5pm – Sunday: 12pm – 5pm
- Werribee Islamic Centre 143A Hogans Rd, Hoppers Crossing
- Doncaster Mosque 72 George St, Doncaster East – Mondays, 7.30pm – 9.00pm
- YMA Sunday School Rowville Secondary College (Eastern campus), Humphrey’s way/Turramurra Drive, Rowville – Sundays, 10.20am – 1.30pm
- Al-Ehsan Centre 386 Ferntree Gully Road, Notting Hill – Sundays, 10.30 – 1.30pm
- Baytul Hikmah 1/207 Lonsdale St, Dandenong, VIC 3175 – Tues & Wed: 5:00pm – 9:15pm – Fri: 5:00pm – 6:30pm – Sat: 9:00am – 12:30pm (Not during school holidays and Ramadaan)
- Bring them along on the packing day.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick ups / drop-offs if you are unable to visit on of the collection points above.
Donate your wealth:
- Bank: Westpac Banking Corporation
- Account Name: Al-Ghazzali Centre
- BSB: 032024
- Acc: 401251
- Use the reference “HFB Melbourne Donation”
Other donation options are available on our donation page.
Donate your time:
Invest in your community’s wellbeing today, by volunteering for the Ansaar Project Halal Food bank. Food bank volunteers assist in the packing and distribution of the food packs on one Sunday each month. Click here to register as a volunteer.
Why a Halal Food Bank in Australia?
Sadly, there are a number of Muslims, individuals and families, affected by economic uncertainties and food shortage at home as a result. Many of the affected Muslims seek assistance, searching for food from various organisations as well as government service providers. Whilst the affected people are from diverse cultural backgrounds, many are former refugee settlers still trying to get their lives back together. They find it difficult to secure adequate assistance, including isolation from their own Muslim community. Most importantly, The Ansaar Project’s Halal Food Bank service is the first and only of its kind in the whole of Australia. As such, Muslims in need do not have access to Halal non-perishable food.
The Ansaar Project encounters such affected people at the Feeding Homeless Program as well as food shelters and government service providers. Their dignity often stops them from reaching out for more help that they assuredly need. The Halal Food Bank will help to improve the wellbeing of these individuals and their families. You can help make this possible by participating in this food drive and donating to the Halal Food Bank.
The Halal Food Bank provides Halal non-perishable food access, but is not restricted for Muslim individuals and families, but for all Australians.