halaal, halal, haraam, haram, helal, islam, islam qa, islamic question, islamic question and answer, islamqa, kitchen, kitchen pork, majority of scholars, minority of scholars, pig, pig leather, pig skin leather, pigs, pigskin, pork, pork kitchen, pork product, pork products, scholars, schools of thought, touch pig, touch pigskin, touching, utensil, utensils, was was, was wasa, wash, wash 1 time, wash 3 times, wash 7 times, wash once, wash one time, wash seven times, washing
Can we use pig skin leather shoes, gloves, etc.? Can we touch pork? What if we accidentally ate pork products, do we need to wash our mouth 7 times? What about using utensils or plates that have been used to serve pork or wine? Is that OK?
Let’s read these Fatawa, in shaa Allah. Some of these answers may surprise you!
- Wearing gloves made of pigskin https://islamqa.info/en/answers/22713/wearing-gloves-made-of-pigskin
- How to cleanse oneself of pig-related impurity https://islamqa.info/en/answers/20843/how-to-cleanse-oneself-of-pig-related-impurity
- Prayer of one who handles pork https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1395/prayer-of-one-who-handles-pork
- Eating meat when it is uncertain whether it has been cooked with utensils used for pork https://islamqa.info/en/answers/678/eating-meat-when-it-is-uncertain-whether-it-has-been-cooked-with-utensils-used-for-pork
- Is it essential to wash plates after they have been used and washed by non-Muslims? https://islamqa.info/en/answers/65617/is-it-essential-to-wash-plates-after-they-have-been-used-and-washed-by-non-muslims
- She works in a kindergarten where they serve pork once a month https://islamqa.info/en/answers/159009/she-works-in-a-kindergarten-where-they-serve-pork-once-a-month
- Working in a store which sells pork pizza https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1883/working-in-a-store-which-sells-pork-pizza